Python Developer, Coppell, TX, or Jersey City, NJ Cnsltng, USC, GCH Only, Fixed Income+, Quantitative Model Risk Validation, NumPy,
Location:Jersey City, New Jersey
Type:Contract To Hire
Python NumPy Developer, Coppell, TX, or Jersey City, NJ Cnsltng, Pandas, USC, GCH Only, Fixed Income+, Quantitative Model Risk Validation+
This is a pipeline role*. Please read below for full description.
I have placed numerous people in this Model Validation Group over the fifteen years this company has been my client. You don't need Fixed Income experience. You don’t need AWS, but it is helpful. For someone with a non-financial numerical background this role would greatly expand your skills. This team is responsible for all aspects of Model Risk Management (“MRM”) from model risk governance and control, independent model validation to model performance monitoring (“MPM”) and back testing. The consultant will support the model performance monitoring process.
• Design, Develop and maintain MPM reports
• Automate MPM reports in a robust and scalable manner
• Maintain detailed documentation of all programming/ development work
• Work on MPM migration to Aries/cloud Platform
• Assist with ad hoc model performance analyses as needed
• Minimum of 4 years of Python professional development experience with a specific focus on Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, Flask, Database Integration (SQLAlchemy) and Automation
• AWS experience highly desirable
• SQL experience is preferred
• Master’s degree in a technical field
• Prior experience with financial markets and products is a plus.
Why work with me when you see the same position advertised with others?
I am a senior staffing professional not a junior recruiter who doesn't know what they are doing yet. I can answer your questions immediately. I know your skill set.
Resume won't get lost in the "black hole"
Feedback and follow through
Resume review, create relevancy
Better information on the company culture
Inside information on the hiring manager, team, the ideal profile, etc.
The best Interview preparation you will ever experience
*Sixty percent of all job openings for large corporations are really “pipeline roles” – they are not really meant to be filled in the next month which is frustrating for job seekers. They either have a large group of people in this role that are term limited or converted to full-time or they are very specific about the skill set. If you send your resume then we have it on file and if I feel you are a fit for a future opening I will email you. Thank you for understanding.