Deciding to work with a career coach is a big step in your career. You’ve acknowledged that you have your areas of expertise and they have theirs, so why not get the advice you need to make the more of your career. They have the experience, connection and exposure you may not, so listen to their insights to build a career that is both personally and professionally rewarding. Here’s why.
- You’ve managed one career, they’ve managed many. If you are a typical professional, you have worked for anywhere from a couple of employers to half a dozen. While that may seem quite a lot to you, it doesn’t give you the true cross section that a career coach, who may have helped dozens or hundreds of job seekers, will have.
- They can be impartial. A career coach can help you to evaluate job offers without emotional attachment. They nudge you to make tough decisions that you might not make without outside pressure. They offer a realistic viewpoint about what your job prospects are and what you need to do to improve them.
- They know what works and what doesn’t. Just because you have been successful finding jobs in the past, doesn’t mean your methods are the most efficient. By leaning on the expertise of your career coach, you may land the right job faster and spend less time spinning your wheels.
- Their job is to keep up with the latest developments. Finding a job isn’t the same now as it was as recently as a couple of years ago. Your career coach can teach you effective strategies to uncover opportunities, present yourself in the best possible light and follow up to stay in the running.
- They find opportunities you might not have identified on your own. It’s easy to have tunnel vision when you are considering the types of jobs to search for. If you have worked within a narrow niche, you may not know the breadth of opportunities that are available to you. Your coach can steer you to industries or companies that you might not have considered.
As a trained professional, your career coach can offer you advice, guidance and support that will help you further your career. The same goes for the experts at Select Group, Inc. By partnering with one of our recruiters and career coaches, you’ll get access to our extensive job database and can leverage our experience, market intelligence and employer network. Read our related posts or contact us today to learn more.