Do you want get ahead in today’s competitive job market? Whether it’s an internal promotion or a leap into a new professional realm, a career coach may be just what you need to take your career to the next step. Coaching can be invaluable for a number of reasons:
You’re Not Sealing the Deal
Are you sending out innumerable resumes without results – or getting interviews but not nailing the job of your dreams? If one of these scenarios is painfully familiar, then a career coach can help you overcome barriers to beat out the competition.
- Maybe your resume is the problem. Your coach will analyze it with surgical precision and help you convert it into a winning documentation of your strengths, achievements and value.
- Or maybe you find it hard to sell yourself in an interview. You may be saying or doing things that you don’t even realize. Your coach will identify and help you overcome them.
You Want a Career Change
For whatever reason, it’s time for a change – to a new field, business or industry. Your coach can help you effectively reinvent yourself.
- Turn your established skill set into something different. Your coach can guide you as you break out of a boxed-in mindset in favor of your actual and possibly untapped abilities. You can move past your comfort zone and focus on what you can do versus what you have
Develop Job Search Skills
Sometimes it’s hard to view yourself in the same light as potential employers. You may be able to rattle off a list of skills you’ve perfected and technologies you’ve mastered. However, when it comes down to demonstrating how hiring you will relieve a company’s pain points, you’re completely adrift.
- Your coach will help uncover any obstacles that may be holding you back. It may be difficult for you to articulate your accomplishments. Or networking could be a terrifying prospect. Your career coach will walk you through it all, honing your interview skills and creating a networking strategy to boost the chances of you finding the right job.
You Need That “Push”
It’s like working with a personal trainer. Take the initiative and keep your appointments. The results will be more than worth it.
- Career coaches are trained to focus on positive outcomes and to be sources of motivation. They tailor their efforts so you can find greater satisfaction.
- The best way to get what you want is to surround yourself with positive people. Realistically, this is not always family or friends. While you can be friendly with your coach, they are not you friend … they are your advocate for change. They look at you objectively and empower you to take actions to achieve your goals.
You Crave Work/Life Balance
Research has shown that recipients of professional coaching saw a 77 percent improvement in their personal relationships, a 67 percent enhancement in teamwork, a 68 percent hike in job satisfaction, and a 48 percent boost in the quality of their work.
- Position yourself for change or a promotion. Your coach will enable you to diversify your skills, communicate better, and navigate through any difficulties that stand between you and your career vision.
The professional career coaches at Select Group, Inc., can help you master key career-building skills and set the right direction for your future professional success and personal satisfaction. Read our related posts or contact us today to learn more.